Boro! Boro! Boro!


Ok, it's not as catchy as the movie title, "Tora! Tora! Tora!" but if you've only been playing with soft glass and then finally take the plunge into boro, it's definitely as exciting as the movie!
Boro is stiffer than soft glass, takes longer to work (at least on my torch it does) and reacts differently. I find it somewhat unpredictable and I have trouble getting consistent results but it's so much fun to experiment!
I've started using boro frit and I've got some more on order that should arrive tomorrow. New glass-how exciting!
Here's a pair of boro beads made using some frit. These are very soft colors but also very eye-catching, with swirls of golds and pinks encased in clear. I listed them today in my Etsy shop. I'm hoping to make some more like them this weekend. Hope you like them!

1 comment:

andee said...

They are gorgeous, Angela!