Another Day in Paradise

Saturday was a fabulous day at the Scappoose Farmer Market. The sun was out and attendance was up over the week before. Sales were good and I'm anxious for Saturday to get here so I can do it all again! Bracelets were the hot item this last weekend so I'll be replenishing my stock this week. Here's a couple of my favorites, both made with my lampwork and Hill Tribe silver.




On a different note, my husband has been having a blast catching albacore tuna off the Oregon coast so I've been canning tuna like a madwoman. He also got a couple of salmon this past weekend so we'll be having some cedar-planked salmon for dinner. If you've never had salmon cooked on a cedar plank in the grill, you have no idea what you're missing. It's fantastic! Very easy to do too.

Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon
Soak a cedar plank in water for at least 30 minutes.
Marinade your salmon in a mixture of maple syrup, spicy mustard, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar (I just throw it all in a ziplock bag and put the salmon in there for about 30 minutes). I don't measure anything, just mix it to taste.
Put the salmon on the plank and put it directly on the grill rack. Cook until salmon flakes with a fork.
It doesn't get much better than this!



No comments: