Spur of the Minute Trip

Last Thursday, Randy discovered that he had to go to Central Oregon for a class so I gladly tagged along. It's one of my favorite spots in the State - sunny and dry with beautiful vistas and rivers. I entertained myself shopping while he was in class, then we went and explored. On the drive home, we stopped at Lake Billy Chinook, which we'd never been to. Beautiful! Of course, Randy liked all the fishing possibilities; I liked the sun and scenery.






After that, we drove down to the Deschutes River and watched the Warm Springs tribal members fishing (catching!) salmon and steelhead at Shearers Falls. It was a beautiful drive and we visited some of my favorite spots along White River, the Deschutes River and Mt. Hood. Ahhhhhhh, the sun!



So now we're back home on the cloudy side of the State. I'm not looking forward to winter's grey skies and drizzle. I'll have to remember that a quick jump in the car and short 3-hour drive away I can rediscover all the beauty (and sun!) of Central Oregon.




No comments: